Monday 30 March 2015

My favourite EOTC Week Day!

'We had so much fun when EOTC Week came and I am pleased with everything that our teachers have done for all the yr 5's. Over all I do have a favourite day and it is Youthtown.

At the start of the day we did the roll call and I said goodmorning in Dutch. We got in our groups and grabbed our hats from outside. We sat on the clear grass as green as Rangitoto. All of a sudden we started chatting. Once Rm 31 came out Mr Ratcliffe started talking about how the year five teachers wanted us to behave.

The first activity I did was Tipi Building. My group split up into several groups and learnt a lash and knot to tie all three bamboo sticks together. Those were going to be the legs. After that our groups needed to put the tarpaulins over the legs for the cover but my group needed some help because the legs were as tall as a giraffe! Soon we figured we needed to hold the legs in the air and throw the tarp over the top. Once we had made the tipi we played inside them and it was a lot of fun. I thought my group worked together as well as proffesionals do.

Next up my group did Archery. In archery it is very important that you listen to the instructor. The instructor is as important as John Key when you are doing archery. We have to have a special foot positioning. One foot should be facing the target and the other should be sideways a little bit behind it. In archery the string has to be as strong as a fully trained ogre, otherwise the arrow does not go fast enough to hit the target. Once we had done the practices the instructor told us to get into two groups and make up a name. The group that I was in had a name of the bulls eye bulls. Eventually both teams were ready and we started a competition. Finally he told us the scores and my team lost ten points under. At least for the first time I got 40 points!!!

Away with archery and hello to my lovely packed lunch. Morning tea was next hand everyone sprinted like a cheetah to their bags. I grabbed mt food and saw the delicious lunch my mum had packed me! "Gobble,smack,yum,yum!" Once Livi and I had finished eating and drinking, we skipped to the blue bars and did some flips. Like a cheetah, much too fast morning tea was finished.

Now it was our turn to be excited like a monkey because everyone was talking awesome about the Flintstones Cart. First when we got there the instructor told us what we were going to do. He taught us two knots and lashes. One is called the Carpenters Hitch but I can't remember the other ones name. Finally we started building the Cart. The Cart was made out of six bamboo sticks, eight ropes and two barrels. Once everything was adjusted and the instructor had checked everything, we were allowed to ride it. It was as fun as horse riding!!!! We got into groups of three and each person got two turns riding on it.

I didn't realise that it took that long to build and ride on a cart and surprisingly it was time for lunch. We ate our lunch that was as yummy as a proffesional cook. " yum yum smack gobble." Once we finished we again had a play on the blue bars. Flip,flip. When the bell rang for the kids that didn't have EOTC rang for Lunch, we still had thirty minutes to play and have some free time. At last the one o'clock bell rang and Livi and I sprinted to the field to known what we were doing next. It seemed that we would do problem solving. I thought it was maths but disappointedly it wasn't. The two people that took problem solving said that we would be doing Mine Tracks. Mine Tracks is when there are rubber spots and you have to find the proper pattern otherwise you will blow up.

After we figured that out, we were going to on to the challenge of of when you have to get a golf ball into a plastic cup and all you have is a lot of pipes. Each person got a pipe as equal as a perfectly made pizza. Guess what? My group was the first group that got the ball into the cup!!!!! Once they had calmed us down, they told us to grab either yellow or blue puzzle pieces. From there they got us into groups and we each had to hide a puzzle piece. My team was the blue team. We hid them as quickly as a cheetah and my team found them the fastest. Surprisingly the puzzle was a little hard but I and my team won! Next was the wooden plank challenge. It is to have three wooden planks and some islands/ rubber spots and you have to try and get all the people and the planks safely across the sea of alligators.

The last activity was Walkie Talkies. You go into the gully to play it. The instructor said to not go onto channel five because that takes you to the police!!!!! I ended up with a buddy and it was Livi. We all walked away and tried to radio each other. After that we played hide and seek and you gave them clues but you could also trick them. The final thing was playing noughts and crosses.

I was very tired at the end of the day and I think I fell asleep right away the moment I stepped in bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment