Saturday 4 April 2015

Holiday Homework Bingo Tongariro

YooHoo!! I'm up here! Are any of you interested in my activity two of the holiday bingo? It is that you have to share one of your most treasured memories. Have any of you done a really long hike? Have any of you done the.................
TONGARIRO CROSSING? Well, I have and it is tiring. I can definitely tell you that! If you need a treat like the best thing in the world (to me at least), Dun Dun Dun... Chocolate, get it ready because you will be much too tired to go shopping afterwards.

When I did the Crossing, it was already January in the summer holidays 2015. We rented a bach and slept there as cozily as baby tigers for five days to make sure that one day would be the perfect weather for Stella and me to have a very good memory. The day we did it was the day after we arrived and we took the bus to the start, walked for six and a half hours and then took the bus back to our rented bach where we had happily like puppies been playing in the fresh green grass.

As I have already told you, it was January 2015 when we did the hike, but it was near the start of school so, I told a lot of people that I had done it. There were six and a half weeks of weeks of holidays and and we were there in week five. I estimate that the Tongariro Crossing is as long as at least 500 of the longest and largest snakes in the whole entire world! I think you can tell that it is on Mt Tongariro (be Peter Gossage). Here is a little fact. In the Battle of the Mountains, Tongariro finally gets Mt Pihanga and therefore is chief of all the mountains. If he is the husband of Pihanga then their children's names are Ruapehu and Ngaruhoe.

In case you don't know, the Tongariro Crossing is an one day hike and you travel past the as shiny as an Emerald ring Emerald lakes. The Emerald lakes are as stinky as a rotten banana although if I try to remember the stink could also have been from the place where Tongariro had exploded when I was in year three in 2013. I have just come up with another one. The explosion could also have been as stinky as a mouldy and rotten egg!!!!!!!!

Oh! I'm so sorry. I forgot to say who I did this with. I did it with my cheeky Dad, my lovely Mum, my sometimes annoying sister and my awesome self.

So, where were we? Oh yes, looking back at my plan, we were just about to start talking about why we did it. Well, one of the reasons is that we love sport like a bunch of cheetahs! Obviously, just for fun. Another reason is it is quite a fitness challenge, because it is so supercalifragilisticexpialidocious long! You can't forget that there is always a first, second and third in races, so here is my third reason. The nature is so entirely beautiful, like heaven, that it is another way to get you going! And finally the last of my reasons, it builds up our self confidence and resilience.

Well, of course you have some sort of feeling at the end. My feelings were as proud as a person that has just healed from breaking a leg. My second feeling was as exhausted as a marathon runner. I can recommend it for you because it is so entirely pretty and beautiful that it makes me want to do it again.

And for my final paragraph, you know that I said get some motivation, well I'll tell you what I had. Wait, should I or should I not? Fine, I will. I had one of those small pots of peanut butter and ended up having it for breakfast the next morning too!!! My sister, had a whole pack of gingernuts! My Mum and Dad just did it and had a delicious dinner afterwards. And after all that walking, get ready for a movie of War Horse. After that, tuck in bed and sleep tight! Don't let the bed bugs bite!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment