Saturday 11 April 2015

Holiday Bingo: journal - Day two of the three days

Dear Jottery Chimp,
Today was really tiring and a little boring, but exciting too. We woke up, annoyingly we didn't have any breakfast and started packing the car straight away. Our little trip had come to an end. My family all tried to say bye to the salty swimming pool as we waited for my Grandmother to tell us where we were going to meet for our first stop. After our sad goodbye, we started to drive. Suddenly my Mum came up with a fun car game, where you have to count from one to 100 only using the numbers you see outside the car.
I've something to tell you that happened all too quickly. A rock/pebble whacked our windscreen. We had a big star shaped crack!
Finally we arrived at the Mahoe cheese shop and I told Grandma all about what had happened. After the cheese shop, my Dad bought some feijoas at a little stall with an honesty box. Sadly this stop went by all too quickly and we were on our way to Whangarei for a traditional, delicious and nourishing brunch at Serenity. I chose one of my favourites: Eggs Benedict with mushroom ragout, bacon and avocado! When we finished and our tummies were full we went to Smith & Smith for our car, but they couldn't fix it, it was too large for repair.
Next up was to come back to Auckland. In our car game we had made it to the number 120! Do you think you can beat our high score? Once we got home I posted some pieces of writing on my blog that I had drafted before. In the end I went to my very own cosy bed. What a tiring day.

No comments:

Post a Comment