Wednesday 15 April 2015

Holiday Bingo: Reading Goal

Hello guys! My second to last holiday bingo activity is to Work on my reading goal this holiday and then post how I did that on my blog. Here is how I practiced mine.

My reading goal is to expand and improve my vocabulary. I have been practicing this in the Easter holidays. I've been reading everywhere these holidays! E.G. At home, in the car and at the Motel. You can't forget that I have also been read to. Well, why would I want to practice something in the holidays when I am not even at school? The reason is that I do not want to forget my reading goal. Another reason is that I want to learn new words and vocab, but not only for reading books! I also need to learn new words to improve in my writing. My family include themselves in my reading goal.(They help me with it). For instance, when we are reading a book together they ask what a word means and then they tell me the right answer afterwards. When I am writing a blog post I will bring the dictionary with me to the computer and then when my Mum helps me, I look words up in the dictionary so that I understand what she says. When my family is watching TV and I don't understand what a word means I ask my parents what it means.
Does this explanation give you more information on what and how I practice my reading goal?



No comments:

Post a Comment